Everyday, twenty two veterans commit suicide as a result of depression, or Post Traumatic Stress (PTS). NRSWV aims to lower the numbers by providing necessary programs that not only is confidential, but is effective. We’ve recently conducted a survey with women veterans and discovered the majority desires to talk with a professional on a more consistent, and personal basis concerning transition, and stressful moments. There are ways that you can get involved with ensuring our programs are successful:
Become a volunteer. Volunteering can help you gain experience in areas that might otherwise require prior experience. For many, the job hunt becomes a disappointing cycle, where to find a job, one must first have the required experience. Resumes are currently being accepted for volunteer positions such as, coaching, trainers, outreach, administrative, photography and more.
7 Ways to Sponsor a Woman Veteran. Sometimes all it takes for a person to get back on the right track is a little attention and support. Sponsoring a woman veteran can be personally rewarding. It can be extremely beneficial to them as well. For as little as
- $20 Cover the cost of supplies for a six week thorough resume coaching and training…
- $50 Cover a comprehensive therapist consultation/provide transportation to and from work for a week…
- $85 Cover the fee for CPR Certification
- $100 Provide a weeks worth of food for a family of three
- $500 Assist with rent or utilities
- $2,000 Provide adequate training such as Project Management, Medical Coding, or a Stem Project to find sustainable employment.
- Donate any amount and help us work toward our goals.
Make a donation today and help the cause of a female veteran. Your donation, however big or small, can change a life for the better. Check with your accountant of financial adviser to find out what stipulations may apply for tax-deductible donations.