Congratulations to Ms. Alia Collins of the US Navy for winning NRSWV’s ‘InspireHER’ essay contest!
Ms Collins prize package included:
- Choice of professional clothing from Suited for Success (Baltimore MD)
- Hair styling (provided by Kim White of Heavenly Hair located at Salon Plaza in Bowie MD)
- Donated Clothing from TJ Maxx (Washington, D.C.)
- Attendance to the WVI Weekend Extravaganza
- 1 Yr. of free access of our Gold Membership in our B.R.I.D.G.E.S. Coaching Program
Alia’s essay described a recent difficult season (with an infant son) of not having utilities in her home for over a month during the summer of 2014 , and how the experience has caused her to become stronger. During this dark moment, she realized her strengths and how she plan to use that experience to encourage other women veterans to hold on when unexpected times happen.
Thank you Ms Collins for being an inspiration! We acknowledge your service to our country via the US Navy and thank you for your service. We at National Resource Society for Women Veterans are better for getting to know you through this process. The National Resource Society for Women Veterans wish you much success in all of your endeavors and look forward to sharing your story/experience with other women veteran in NRSWV’s December’s newsletter.